The following are some frequently asked questions and company policies.
- The best way is to come by one of our two locations with the truck, so that we can get the color code, vin #, measure the bed, and check for any alternates in the color. Then after you decide on which of the caps or tonneaus fit your need the best, we will do the order paperwork and get it going. At this time we will require a 50% deposit, then the rest will be due at the time the unit is installed. Depending on what is ordered, installation time can take from 1-3 hours.
- The reason is that all trucks painted one color from the factory are not the same. If you were to take a gas door from a 2009 F150 and put it on a 2010 F150 the same color, there would most likely be a difference. The reason for this is that paint is purchased in batches, and batches will differ slightly from one batch to the next. For instance GM 50u white as 8 different variances. Same truck, same color code. different shade. Other factors that can change the variance of the color is weather, air pressure, material that is being painted (metal or fiberglass), and pattern (spraying left to right and the speed of the passes). These are all of things that make a perfect paint match difficult, but our manufacturers work directly with DuPont and do achieve that match regularly, but when there are so many differences its hard to guarantee perfect.
- When a unit is ordered from the manufacturer it is produced in a assembly line, along with other orders that come in from around the nation. The ticket is printed then the mold is pulled to the fiberglass area. The mold is then coated with a gel coat for a smooth exterior, then the fiberglass chop is spray for the roof and walls. After cured the excess is then trimmed and the cap or tonneau is pulled from the mold. At this point it goes to the sanding area to get it ready for paint. After painting the unit, it is then moved to assembly, where the windows, doors, frame system, logos, and locks are put on the cover. Then to final inspection to the loading area. There the unit waits to be loaded on the next trailer which leaves one a week bound to the dealers. Once at we have unloaded the unit here, we will inspect it and then give you a call to setup an installation day and time.
- Fiberglass Caps
- By first removing the 4-6 clamps that hold the cap to the truck bed. This can be done with a 9/16″ socket or a 1/2″ socket and wrench, depending on the clamp system. Then in the drivers rear corner near the tail light we install a quick disconnect wiring harness, for your brake light and/or interior light if one is purchased. Just unplug this and the cap is free to be lifted off of the truck. (weighs about 180lbs)
- Fiberglass Tonneaus
- First remove the clamps holding the rails to the truck bed. This can be done with a 9/16″ socket or a Allen head piece, depending on the manufacture. Then close the cover and lock it. Now it is ready to be lifted off of the truck bed. (weighs about 100lbs)
- Spray in liners come in two main classes, low pressure or high pressure. The low pressure is a softer, more rubberized coating that has to be sprayed very thick or else it will chip up. This can lead to fit issues on some truck bed products and not getting full coverage on the tailgate. Most all low pressure liners will have a 1″ of unprotected paint on the edge of the tailgate closest to the truck bed. This area is where the tailgate get most of its abuse from sliding items out of the bed. Here at Topper World, we use a high pressure system that sprays a very hard liner. The hard coating is firmer and less likely to give away when used the away a truck bed should be used. The coating does not have to be as thick, this way this is never a fit issue with truck bed accessories and we completely coat the tailgate and bed, so there is no unprotected areas.
- Well, Now..Every Fiberglass manufacture is offering some kind of coupon or rebate. This doesn’t happen often. Usually you will only get a coupon on the top tier caps or tonneaus, but right now most all fiberglass caps and tonneaus have some kind of deal. Stop in one of our stores to see the details…
Special order and holding deposits are non refundable.
No returns on installed items or special ordered items.
Warranties on items are referred to the manufacturer. They deem whether it is covered under warranty or not.
Labor is not covered under warranty and is liable by the purchaser.
Only regular stock items sold at standard price may be refunded in under 14 days as long as packaging is unaltered and item is uninstalled. Clearance or sold as is items cannot be refunded.
Our labor warranty is up to 12 months.
Gift certificates are valid up to one year from purchase. After one year, they are void.